Baobab Panna Cotta with Ginger Jelly
- 2 leaves / 1 level teaspoon powdered gelatine (in 2 teaspoons of hot water)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped or grated peeled fresh ginger
- 180g apple juice
- 70g honey
- 20g blueberries (optional)
- 500g single cream
- 70g sugar (or honey)
- 4 leaves / 2 level teaspoons powdered gelatine (in 4 teaspoons of hot water)
- 2 tablespoons baobab powder
- Soak/dissolve the gelatine in a little water.
- Place everything else in a small pan and bring it almost to the boil, shaking the pan from time to time.
- Gently squeeze excess water from the gelatine, add to the hot juice and stir until dissolved.
- Spoon the berries into 6 moulds then pour the liquid over them. Once cooled to room temperature place in the fridge to set; it will take around an hour
- Bring the cream and sugar to a boil then take off the heat.
- Soak/dissolve the gelatine in a little water. Gently squeeze excess water out, drop into the cream and whisk until dissolved. Leave to sit for 15 min.
- Mix the baobab powder with 3 tablespoons warm water to form a paste, then whisk into the cream mixture. Leave it to cool to body temperature.
- Gently spoon or pour the panna cotta mixture on top of the jelly, then cover with cling-film and place in the fridge to set. This will take at least 5 hours.
- Serve in summer with berries or in winter with poached pears.