Nyimo bean salad
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tins (or 800g) nyimo beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful of fresh mint (and/or flat leaf parsley, basil), chopped
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop cucumber, tomatoes, peppers and onion into small pieces.
- Drain and rinse the canned nyimo beans in a colander.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the chopped vegetables and nyimo beans.
- Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Best served chilled